Request for Proposals - CLCE Graduate Student Support
Proposals due - January 18, 2019, 11:59 pm
The CLCE awards grants to support graduate student activity on projects related to the mission of the Center for Landscape Conservation and Ecology. Graduate student projects should lead to peer-reviewed research and extension publications, and possibly conference presentations. Current mission statement is as follows:
“To conduct interdisciplinary research and provide science-based education on urban landscape practices to protect and conserve Florida’s natural resources”
All CLCE faculty who would benefit from graduate student support are encouraged to apply. Faculty with eligible external grants are required to have selected CLCE for end of year indirect cost allocation the year prior to the current year’s call.
- Title of graduate student project
- Name and e-mail of faculty contact
- Justification (250 words max.) – Why is this project important? Why should it be funded now?
- Graduate student project objectives and brief description (250 words max.).
- How will the funding be used? Name graduate student if known.
- Plan of work. Must include a graduate student seminar each year (e.g. CLCE Urban Landscape Summit, departmental seminar, conference, etc.).
- Timeline – Funds must be spent by June 30, 2020, but up to a two-year commitment will be made for a master’s student and a four-year commitment for a Ph.D. student pending availability of future funds beyond the current fiscal year.
Please describe and justify the budget request, noting any outside sources of support, along with a table similar to the example provided below, and contact information of the staff member that will process this award. Maximum award per student is $30,000 per year, although partial requests are preferred. Awards must be used for graduate student stipend and tuition. Since funding depends on allocation from the legislature, future support is likely, but not guaranteed.
|Project Budget||Year 1||Year 2||Year 3||Year 4||Total|
|Total CLCE Request||$30,000||$30,000||$60,000|
|Remaining Student Cost||$4,412||$5,445||$9,857|
- Proposals due - January 18, 2019, 11:59 pm
- Notification - February 15, 2019
- Awards distributed - August 1, 2019
Submit proposals to: Melissa Friedman (Proposals will be accepted by e-mail until 11:59 p.m. on January 18, 2019)
|Criteria||Possible Points||Points Awarded||Comments|
|Supports the CLCE mission||20|
|Deliverables include peer-reviewed research and/or extension publication||25|
|Deliverables include presentation at CLCE Urban Landscape Summit or similar CLCE event||20|
|Stayed within/met proposal format guidelines||5|
|Voluntary cost-share (preferred is extramural funds but must be direct cost or extramural in-kind)||15|
|Faculty advisor actively participates in CLCE activities such as Urban Landscape Summit, webinars, etc.||15|