Dr. Hayk Khachatryan
Assistant Professor and Extension Economist
Food & Resource Economics Department
Mid-Florida Research & Education Center
2725 Binion Road
Apopka, FL 32703-8504
(407) 884-2034, x151
Dr. Khachatryan on Google Scholar
Dr. Khachatryan is an assistant professor and extension economist with a joint appointment in the Food and Resource Economics Department and Mid-Florida Research and Education Center (MREC). His research focuses on issues in the field of horticultural economics, including consumer behavior, marketing and applied econometrics. He is also the director of the Consumer Behavior and Insights Lab, located at MREC.
His Extension program focuses on sustainable developments in the environmental horticulture industry, as well as determination of impacts of horticultural practices and policies in the urban environment.
Dr. Khachatryan received his PhD (Interdisciplinary; Economics, Marketing, and Environmental Science) and MA (Applied Economics) from Washington State University.
- Khachatryan, H., Rihn, A., Behe, B., Hall, C., Campbell, B., Dennis, J., Yue, C. 2018. Visual attention, buying impulsiveness, and consumer behavior. Marketing Letters 29: 23.
- Soto, J., Escobedo, F., Khachatryan, H., Adams , DC. 2018. Consumer demand for urban forest ecosystem services and disservices: Examining trade-offs using choice experiments and best-worst scaling. Ecosystem Services 29: 31-39.
- Khachatryan, H., Rihn, A. 2018. Defining US consumers’ (mis)perceptions of pollinator friendly labels: an exploratory study. International Food and Agribusiness Management Review 21(3): 365-378.
Honors and Awards
- Best Paper Award, Innovation Category, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association, 2016.
- Washington State University Research Assistant Excellence Award, 2010.
- Best Paper Award Runner Up, Canadian Transportation Research Forum, 2008.
- Agricultural and Rural Transportation Paper Second Award, Transportation Research Forum, 2008.