Dr. Michael Dukes
Agricultural and Biological Engineering Department
205 Frazier Rogers Hall
P.O. Box 110570
Gainesville, FL 32611-0570
Phone: (352) 392-1864 ext.205
Fax: (352) 392-4092
Dr. Dukes specializes in irrigation and drainage engineering; water quantity and quality issues; crop consumptive use / evapotranspiration; and Best Management Practices to reduce nonpoint source pollution. Dr. Dukes received a PhD in biological and agricultural engineering from North Carolina State University.
Research and Extension
- Boyer, M. J., M. D. Dukes, L. J. Young, and C. Wang. 2016. Mining for water: Using billing data to characterize residential irrigation demand. Journal American Water Works Association 108(11):E585-E597.
- Huang, P., Lamm, A. J., & Dukes, M. D. 2016. Informing extension program development through audience segmentation: Targeting high water users. Journal of Agricultural Education, 57(2), 60-74.
- Asci, S., T. Borisova, and M. Dukes. 2016. Are price strategies effective in managing demand of high residential water users? Applied Economics, ISSN online 1466-4283.
- Romero, C.C. and M.D. Dukes. 2016. Review of turf grass evapotranspiration and crop coefficients. Trans. ASABE 59(1):207-223.
- Cardenas, B. and M.D. Dukes. 2016. Soil moisture sensor irrigation controllers and reclaimed water; Part I: Field-plot study. Applied Eng. in Agric. 32(2):217-224.
- Cardenas, B. and M.D. Dukes. 2016. Soil moisture sensor irrigation controllers and reclaimed water; Part II: Residential evaluation. Applied Eng. in Agric. 32(2):225-234.
- Romero, C.C. and M.D. Dukes. 2016. A method to estimate residential irrigation from potable meter data. Applied Eng. in Agric. 32(2):245-250.
- Davis, S.L. and M.D. Dukes. 2016. Importance of ET controller program settings on water conservation potential. Applied Eng. in Agric. 32(2):251-262.
- King, S.E., D.L. Osmond, J. Smith, M.R. Burchell, M. Dukes, R.O. Evans, S. Knies and S. Kunickis. 2016. Effects of riparian buffer vegetation and width: A 12-year longitudinal study. J. Environ. Qual.